Saturday, September 17, 2011

Speechlessness that leads to laughter~

Recently, I am trying to help out a depressed friend. In fact, it has been quite a long while now. This time, I lent her a book called 'Purpose Driven Life.' She then accepted the offer reluctantly.

However, few days later, I received from her a text message saying that she is sorry and she doesn't want to read the book. She doesn't think it helps although she admittedly says that it conveys the positives. *alright! Here is the funny part... She continued with,

'The reality is I don't even know how to DRIVE,I can't live independently. Can't go where I want to go, and no one wants to fetch me to where I want to go.'

To be frank, I do not know how to react to this AT ALL. I just laughed to myself unintentionally~

What do I really want to convey here? It's actually that, I am saddened by the fact that she is so helpless and she knows that but she gives up so easily without giving herself a help, a try, for ONE MORE time!!

Ok! I can't guarantee and do not even have the mind that she will be recovered fully right after finished reading the book! Really~ but, at least something to do to keep her busy and at the same time , being showered with positive thing than gossips and the unnecessaries or whatever that might make her feel even more depressed!

Anyhow, is this a type of personality one who is depressed cultivates!? And, what can be done practically other than prayers to help such bunch ?

Something to ponder upon~ :)

Take care all!! ;)
God bless~

XW

No comments: